Saturday, February 9, 2008

Abiqua Farm Bakery

In my last post, I mentioned that we used the Caraway Rye from the New Seasons Market bakery when making the VWAV Tempeh Reuben, and that I would have liked a darker, more flavorful bread. I would like to someday make a reuben using Dave's Killer Bread, he makes a Rockin' Rye, but apparently I'll have to go by his bakery store because none of the grocery stores seem to carry it. Maybe it doesn't sell as well as his other varieties. Anyway, I was excited to see that New Seasons carries another locally baked (somewhat--in Silverton, OR) vegan rye bread, and this one apparently as dark and dense as all get out.

Abiqua Farm Bakery doesn't have a website, but I'll let you know how their rye is the next time we whip up some vegan reubens in the kitchen.

If you have any tips for locally-made vegan rye or caraway breads, leave 'em in the comments!

1 comment:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I actually bought a Rockin Rye last week from Whole Foods. I know I've bought it in the past at New Season's, but it always seems to be out when I go.

People's Coop has a vegan rye or two (saw one last week) and Trader Joe's probably does as well.

Enjoy!