Thursday, September 25, 2008

More on Veganopolis

The Portland Mercury website has an interesting article on the restaurant's final hours, full of interesting tidbits like this -- in their 3+ years of operation, they served 7,790 reubens! I'm sorry I never sampled their blue Sheese salad or had more chances to partake of the brunch bar. I will say that though Portland has so far lost a vegan pirate-themed restaurant, a vegan strip club (well, a later incarnation of the same place actually), and now a vegan cafeteria, I trust our restaurant scene will continue to see new permutations of the 100% vegan dining establishment. I'm holding out for vegan Korean (seriously, aside from maybe a vegan Southern food restaurant, what else are we lacking?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Casa Diablo, the world's first and only vegan strip club, is alive and well. Last night we had a live Bob Marley tribute band. Our burger and fries are the best. Check us out for yourself. www.CasaDiablo.com